Consumer problems

Consumer Problems

If you are a consumer with a problem, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Servicewho can give you guidance. Unfortunately we cannot deal with consumer issues directly, so please contact CACS either by phone on 03454 040506, or via this online form.Citizens Advice will pass details of your complaint back to Trading Standards where appropriate.

We will only contact you further ourselves should we be able to investigate your case and require further information from you.  We will not normally provide feedback on the outcome of complaints or investigations.

Please note that normally we will only investigate potential criminal offences and not civil complaints (for more about the difference between civil and criminal law, head here).

Even if we do not contact you directly about your case, we use the information we receive from Citizens Advice to make sure that businesses are behaving fairly and not breaking the law. You can also get self-help in our consumer section or on the Citizens Advice site so please feel free to explore.


Fax: 01392 382159
Post: Devon & Somerset Trading Standards, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4QD