Message from South Somerset District Council Consultations
Dear Mrs Morley
South Somerset District Council Historic Environment Strategy (HES) – Draft for Consultation
South Somerset District Council has a statutory duty to conserve and enhance the historic environment. The South Somerset Local Plan (2006-2028) requires the Council to produce a Historic Environment Strategy (HES) to ensure the highest possible standard of development. The HES will act as a guide when assessing development and the Council’s expectation for the management of designated and non-designated assets in the district.
Consultation on the HES will run for six weeks and begins at midday on Friday 14th October 2016 and closes at midday on Friday 25th November 2016.
The document will be available to view online at: http://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/localplanevidencebase Comments on the HES can be made:
- Online by visiting http://consult.southsomerset.gov.uk/consult.ti/system/listConsultations
- Via email to: email@example.com
- In writing to: Spatial Policy Team, Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil, BA20 2HT
Copies of the HES are available for public inspection at libraries in South Somerset, details of which can be found here http://www.somerset.gov.uk/libraries-and-heritage/using-the-library/find-your-library/ and at the following Council Offices:
- Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT (between 8.45am and 5.15pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.45am and 4.45pm on Friday);
- Churchfields, Wincanton, BA9 9AG (between 9am and 1pm Monday to Friday);
- Holyrood Lace Mill, Chard, TA20 2YA (between 9am and 1pm, and 1.30pm and 3.30pm Monday to Friday); and
- Petters House, Yeovil, BA20 1AS (between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday).
If you have any other queries, please contact a member of the Spatial Policy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01935 462462.
Paul Wheatley, Principal Spatial Planner