Given today’s news that Somerset has now been placed in Tier 4 and Dorset in Tier 3 I thought it right that I drop a quick line with regards to impact on church life.
I will address this more fully when I return from leave and have the opportunity to get up to speed on developments.
However, in principle, although the majority of the Benefice is in Tier 4, church worship can continue as we have been able to.
More generally Tier 4 means the following for our communities:
- We must remain at home as much as possible and only leave for purposes of a ‘reasonable excuse’. Church attendance is one of those listed on the Government website, but I must stress that we are in Tier 4 because the risk of Covid is very high and our health services are at full stretch. The central message is stay at home.
- We cannot meet anybody on private property, inside or out, unless specifically exempt.
- We can only meet one other person outside only, and on public land.
- We should not travel out of our Tier area unless it is absolutely essential or unavoidable.
- Travel should be local only unless for specifically exempt reasons.
Further information can be found here:
Please keep safe and I will be updating our full response in due course once I return to work next week.
The Reverend Philip Butcher
Rector – Two Shires Benefice (Tatworth, Thorncombe, Winsham, Chaffcombe & Cricket Malherbie)
3 Home Farm
PASTORAL EMAILS – please to: email@example.com
HOME PRAYER & WORSHIP: https://twoshires.wordpress.com
Rest Days – Mondays (Tuesdays where following a bank holiday)
For non-urgent enquiries please allow up to a week for responses.
Mornings are best times for phone contact!